Saturday, May 17, 2008

Bruschetta



I spent the day cleaning and organizizing my spices. Not exactly what I had planned, but it all worked out.

I have an awesome spice rack that I got as a gift a couple years ago, but it turns out it came with a bunch of spices I never use. SO, today's mission was to empty, bag, and label the unused spices, then label and fill those empty jars with stuff I actually use - in the process, I was able to consolidate/throw away/clean up the cabinet where the non-rack spices were kept. I think this will be a very good thing.

By the time my cleaning and organizing was done, it just seemed too warm to cook a real dinner, so I prepared us some bruschetta - with artichoke, tomato, red pepper, green pepper, portabella mushrooms, and a whole mess of Italian cheeses.

In Matt's words, it was "tasticus".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Um... This is NOT the kind of thing I need to be looking at on my first day of my "Biggest Loser Challenge" I'm doing. *DROOL*